Monday

Week 11 - Monday - The Safeguard of Rejoicing in the Lord

Go read Philippians 3:1-11. Reread Philippians 3:1
<> Write down every reason you have right now to rejoice in the Lord.
<> What big picture reasons do you have to rejoice (i.e. the gospel)?
<> What small practical reasons do you have to rejoice?


The Gospel Safeguard
Learning how central the gospel is to our lives is a huge safeguard to us if we understand the danger of Hebrews 3:12-13. Go read it.

<> What is sin’s greatest desire according to Hebrews 3:12?
<> How does sin try to deceive you personally?

Learning how sin attacks us is vital to following Jesus. Knowing the specific ways that we are attacked regularly is the only way that we will come to understand how the gospel is a safeguard for us. Paul writes to us and says, “It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again.” He knows that as we live we will continue to be attacked regularly and learn where we need safeguards and protecting. Therefore he knows that it will continue to be beneficial to remind us that the gospel is our safeguard. The cross of the Christ is the pivotal moment that reminds us of God’s love for us when we didn’t deserve it at all.

Go read Romans 5:8
<> How mind-blowing is God’s love?

Jesus for Jesus’ Sake
The heart of the safeguard is that Jesus is your hope. He is the way, the truth and the life. He is the way to know HIM. Jesus is the truth about knowing God the Father. He is the life of living in relationship with God! He’s the point. He’s what it’s about.

<> In what ways has the gospel been perverted in your brain to be “Jesus + _________” is what life is about?
<> How is Jesus invading every area of your life for His sake?

As Jesus permeates our lives we learn more and more that life is better when Jesus is the goal and purpose and joy of life. In my spiritual life – the more I interact with Jesus, the more joyful I am. In my finances – knowing and worshipping Jesus is what I want every dollar to be about. In my career and my academics – how can I know Jesus more as I work my tail off? In my dating life – Jesus is the goal and He is my joy. I rejoice in Him – I remind others to rejoice in Him – I remind myself to rejoice in Him.

Jesus is it.

The end.

No comments: